Pages

Monday 26 January 2015

What I use on my Skin








Hello again, it's Amy, today I thought I would share with you the products that I use on my skin. I always find these really helpful, as I'm always up for any useful advice anyone could give me about skincare and I am always looking for a simple and quick makeup routine, so I thought why don't I tell you mine! But just before we start, I just want to tell that I am in no way a beauty and skin care expert, being the age that I am, so if you want advice that you can 100% trust, talk to a dermatologist, but if you just want to know the basics, you've come to the right place. Let's get started!
So the first thing which I'm going to talk about is what my skincare routine is. This is the routine which I use in the mornings and I find it really wakes me up and is quick too. So the first thing to do which is really important is to cleanse your face. The products which I recommend which are affordable is either the Body Shop "Aloe gentle facial wash" or the BRYT "cleanse". The Body Shop cleanser is one of my all time favourite cleansers, a) it smells nice, b) it doesn't irritate the skin, c) it's a foam so its easier to put on and off and d) whenever I use it, it makes my skin clearer and less spotty. I'm not lying when I say this is definitely worth buying, it never breaks me out, gets rid of most of your acne (I don't have any, but friends do and they say it works wonders). The next product is the BYRT cleanser, this is also an exceptionally good product. It is also a foam and is a super quick product to use, it makes my skin really soft and clean after using it, and it also has a really nice refreshing fragrance too. It is a little bit more expensive then the body shop cleanser (only by like £4) but it is definitely worth it. And if you don't know where to buy it, I believe they sell it in Waitrose.

The next step is a toner, this just takes away any extra bits of dirt and impurities that         didn't wash off with the cleanser. This is not a crucial step but it will make your skin look
and feel really clean, they are a girl's best friend on a summer's day, we've all been there. To use a toner, you can either spritz it over your face, or put a couple of squirts onto a cotton wool pad and rub that over your skin, either way is good. As for my favourites (I've mentioned this product before, I apologize), I love the Lush "Breath of Fresh Air" toner water. This toner is definitely the most refreshing out of all the toners in lush, and is the perfect product to balance and tone your skin. It has rose water in it, to cool down your                     skin, seaweed to protect your skin and also Aloe Vera to soften it, this is like the most perfect combination don't you think.

The last step of this three step process is a moisturiser, this is basically the product which will make your skin feel really soft, so basically not dry,mcracked and horrible. The first moisturizer I really like is the Steam cream. This is basically a light weight moisturiser which absorbs into your skin really well and doesn't make your face greasy after applying. This is definitely a great product for a present as it's a good price of about £12 and there are so many different designs to choose from.mot is great for all age groups and acts as a hand, face and body moisturiser, but I like using it most on my face. The next moisturiser I'm going to share with you is the Aveeno moisturising cream with Collodial Oatmeal. It is great for dry and sensitive skin and is a great price from most supermarkets or drugstores. It is quite heavy but it keeps my skin really soft. It is great for all ages and works wonders on dry or chapped skin.
 I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you do try out any of these products please tell me in the comments below. I'm sorry that I didn't have a picture of the body shop cleanser to show you, I just ddon't have one at the moment. Awkward...And sorry for not posting sooner, I've had a lot of homework this week, but anyway. See you next time.

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment