Pages

Friday 1 January 2016

Goodbye 2015


Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful NYE! I spent mine at home with fanily and friends watching films and eating probably a little too much Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream, but whatever! Today is the 1st January 2016, which is absolutely crazy! I feel like I was just celebrating the start of 2015 and now a whole has gone by! Today I thought I would share my new year's resolutions, which I probably won't keep, but will try to anyway, enjoy!

1. Be more positive and go on more adventures.
This is something I say to myself every single year: to be more positive and do more exciting things with my life, but that never seems to happen. But this year I'm going to change that! As a starting point I've already planned a few adventures for 2016, the main one being 10 days (or maybe 11, I can't remember) in China; specifically in Shanghai and Beijing. I am SO excited for this trip! As it's a school trip I am going with some of my friends, and we are all looking forward to eating some traditional Chinese cuisine, and also exploring some of China's history. I can't wait! Travelling is something which makes me feel very happy and grateful so will therefore (hopefully!) boost my positivity as well, as it's something I love doing. So my top tip for being more positive is doing more of what you love, which I'm definitely going to do more of in 2016.

2. Be more active and eating cleaner.
This is a new year's resolution which I think everyone sets themselves, but then normally fails, but this year I really want to eat a little healthier and do at least 20 minutes of exercise daily. In terms of eating healthier, I'm going to keep up my gluten free diet, and also limit my sugar to 3 yummies a week, which I think is a good starting point, and I hope by the end of the year that number will be a lot smaller. In terms of doing at least 20 minutes of exercise daily, I'm going to keep rowing, which I do around 4/5 times a week, and I'm also going to make sure I walk more often rather than taking the bus/tube or driving. I believe if I eat healthily and stay active I will become more positive at the end of it all, which is an added bonus. 

3. Make new friends and grow more confident around strangers.
I consider myself quite a confident person, but also someone who stays in the same friendship group, and doesn't branch out to other people as often as I should, so this year one of my resolutions is to make lots of new friends, whether that's in school or though family and friends, or possibly even through social media. Being confident is something that especially teens struggle with if that's from not being body confident or just being quite an anxious person, and I think it's something which we could all grow to be more of, so that's why it's one of my resolutions for 2016.

A few smaller goals:
- Reading at least one book a month. 
- Update the look of my blog.
- Declutter my room: throw some things out and buy new ones.
- Spending less money on beauty (especially from Lush!). 

What are your New Years Resolutions?



No comments:

Post a Comment